Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May 1, 2013

Like the road to fitness, blogging has to start somewhere. This is my first step :) 

Today I started this fitness challenge suggested by a friend of mine. I  am already in decent shape but wish to tone up and push myself harder and farther into the best shape of my life. Beyond this, I am running, doing ab ripper-x from the p 90 x series, and targeting other muscle groups with a series of other workouts. I am also changing my eating habits to reduce sugars fat and carbs, increase protein intake and overall eat better with a lot more home cooking and fresh foods. I will post recipes here, my daily workouts, progress photos, tips and anything else fitness related that fits.  I am a vegetarian but for those who eat meat most recipes can be easily modified to include animal proteins. 
Fitness Challenge:



Today's tips: myfitnesspal.com and mapmyrun.com are gems. I also like fitisthenewblack.me as a blog to reference. 

Recipe of the day: 
Chocolate Coffee Homemade Protein Shake
 

1/2 tray of ice, 1 cup of cold coffee (the stronger the better in my opinion), 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I am using Body Fortress Super Advance Whey Protein: 170 calories, 7g carbs, 30 g protein, 2.5 grams of fat per scoop) 

Great for a quick grab and go snack or meal replacement. Very refreshing in the summer. Healthy alternative to ice cream shakes!



No comments:

Post a Comment